Dubas Management and Construction Inc. (DMC) offers services for design-build projects. Design Build is a construction delivery method where the design and construction aspects of the project are contracted with a single company. This system is used to minimize the project risks and costs, as well as reduce the construction timelines by overlapping the design phase with construction phase of the project. At DMC, our management staff includes a combination of professional engineers and construction personnel which makes us very capable to deliver design-build projects.
Selecting DMC as your Design-Build Company allows us to combine the design stage, permit application stage as well as planning and construction stages in order to streamline the whole process and create a collaborative environment to complete these tasks in a more efficient timeline.
There are many advantages of design-build projects. Primarily among these are:
- The owner contracts a project delivery method with a single entity.
- This entity provides design and construction services.
- The owner has detailed drawings and specifications prepared transferring risk to one party.
- The design of some details can be adjusted as the construction work proceeds.
- The construction proceeds promptly since there is no waiting time for a third party (consultant) to evaluate, design and obtain prices for unforeseen work.
- The design and construction can be adjusted promptly if required when the project is underway.
- The communication on the project is improved since one party is responsible for performance.
- Design-build projects usually result in saving time and money.
- A firm price for any task can be established for a given design.
- The owner has multiple choices of designs to meet and deliver the project within defined scope since each design is independently crafted and priced.
- The quality of work is higher since the design builder is solely responsible for the completed project, and is prevented by the contractual relationship with the designer from passing off responsibility for design errors or omissions and as such, greater attention is given to delivering a quality product.
- There is time compression since both design and construction overlap.
- There is reduced administration since combining both design and construction into one deliver system eliminates the need for owner coordination.
- There is a single allocation of tasks since both the design and construction personnel work as a team, and so the risks normally associated with traditional delivery systems where the parties work separately are eliminated.